Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Back to lab building

Doing two things at once:

- Starting to pay with an ESX server a coworker set up.
- Continuing building out a home lab.

So, ESX requires Virtual Center to actually build machines. You download Virtual Center with your browser and install it.

Oh, yeah. It requires Windows. Sigh.

So I decided to make a VM for it. Making a Windows 8 VM is a pain because you have to do registry tricks so as not to be presented with swipe panels you can't dismiss. So I decided to make a Windows 7 VM. Straightforward. Except that now I am waiting for 145 Windows Updates to downloads....

Meanwhile, back to building my lab. So, I need to build clients now. Time for two more Ubuntu VMs. Running out of memory, so these will be 2 core/2 GB machines (we'll try that).

And, of course, Linux has its own set of updates....

And the Macs are now wanting to update...

Lots of waiting at times when building labs. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment