Tuesday, July 15, 2014

New task

I was given a new area to investigate on top of building out a lab. Basically, we have some media streaming tests in our tree, in <mozilla-central>/content/media/test, and they are flaky. I have been asked to investigate a couple of things, using test_seek.html as an example:

- The tests actually get run in parallel. I have been asked to see if running them singly will affect the intermediate failure rate.
- I have been asked to split this file up. It currently calls 13 sub-files. I have already generated the first of those 13 files and it works fine.

All of this requires checking out the Firefox source (instructions here), and then running Mochitest (instructions here). I can run the individual test.

If do add a test file in a directory, such as <mozilla-central>/content/media/test, you have to add it to the mochitest.ini file in that directory to be picked up by the system.

I have two build trees (my Mercurial foo is low, and I am lazy), one to generate patches for the split out of the tests, and one to generate patches for our try system running only one test at a time.

Alas, I am not at my house; I am with family in another state, and the internet is slow here. It will be upgraded soon, but this is taking a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment