Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Three things I am working on - follow-up

Thing 1 - Bugzilla 1036992 - I have a patch now which completes the split up of test_seek.html, including refactoring of common javascript in test_seek-split*.html files. Figuring out how to add the javascript so that it was actually available was fun. Basically, everything goes in mochitest.ini. Who new?

Thing 2 - mochitest dying on my VM. Well, it still happens, and it often does not leave a stack dump. Still working on this one.

Thing 3 - Jenkins and nodejs. I restarted everything and it started working. Huh. Weird.

So, now I am setting up Jenkins in Mountain View to reproduce the result. Unfortunately, when the physical box was moved into the lab, the networking broke. All of the existing VMs have IPv6 addresses rather than the static addresses I thought were assigned.

Coworker in charge of box said he would look at that.

So, now I am building linux32 builders for this test on my home VM. I am working out of one of my relative's houses in the Midwest right now, and her internet connection was SLOW. Well, the upgrade came through yesterday, and now it is as fast as my home network in Texas.

It helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment