Sunday, June 7, 2015

WWDC - D -1

When WWDC signups went up, I decided to take a chance and see if I could score a ticket. Much to my surprise, I did get one. So, here I am, in San Francisco, the night before it starts, and I am about to go for the first time since 2005.

In that WWDC, I was an Apple employee. I worked on the Developer Tools team. We were shuffled into the Apple Employee room for the Keynote.  At the end of the keynote, Steve Jobs announced that Apple was moving the Mac product line to Intel. I was on the team that was "in the know" about the transition. SJ asked us all to stand up, and the rest of the employees gave us a standing O. Was one of the proudest moments of my career.

Since then, I have moved to Austin and have worked several jobs. Currently, I work in automation for Mozilla. I hope to do some development work someday, and Mozilla has an effort underway for iOS, so I am going to be attending sessions and talking with people here about that effort. I am also going to sessions for my personal projects.

I checked in today, and they did something really smart. They gave us a windbreaker. Anybody who has been to San Francisco in June knows that this is really smart. There are probably many attendees who have never been here and don't know that June and July are cold, foggy and windy here.

This is not the first year they have done this (I saw somebody with a "14" on his back), but it is really brilliant.


Tomorrow is dominated by the Keynote, and in the afternoon, the only things to see are Platforms State of the Union and the Apple Design awards.

I'm stoked!

No comments:

Post a Comment